Events & Awards
Check out upcoming events for prospective and current graduate students.
Graduate Student Research Recognition Day
Save the date! The ninth-annual Biomedical Sciences Programs Research Recognition Day takes place Thursday, May 25, 2017, in Coffman Union Great Hall .
All faculty, students, postdocs and staff from the biomedical sciences graduate programs are cordially invited. Registration is free, but required.
- Keynote Speaker: Eugene Koonin, PhD, Ph.D., Senior Investigator and the leader of the Evolutionary Genomics Group in the Computational Biology Branch of the National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Presentations by the 2017 Milne-Brandenburg Award winners.
- Graduate Student Posters
- 3-Minute Thesis Competition (1st and 2nd place prizes and the People's Choice Award
Special thanks to our 2017 Graduate Student Planning Committee: Ajeetha Joseph Rajan, BMBB; Amber Lockridge, IBP ; Sarah Namugenyi, MICaB; Anna Ingebretson, NSCI ; Catherine Lee, MCDB&G; Lisa Chesner, PHCL
Program Day Agenda - coming soon!
Meet & greet!
Visit our booth at these upcoming conferences or come meet us at these campus visits in 2016:
October 12-15, 2016
Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) National Conference, Long Beach, CA
October 19, 2016
Hampton University, Norfolk, VA. Presentation to freshman seminar - 4 PM
October 21, 2016
University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Presentation to Meyerhoff Scholars - Free hour.
Interviews for Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Program
November 1-4, 2016
University of Puerto RIco Campus visits.
11/1 Cayey MBRS-RISE program
11/2 Rio Piedras - MARC and RISE programs
11/3 Mayaguez - MARC program, Neuro-RUM chapter & the Alpha Helix Biomedical Resesarch Society
11/4 Ponce - PRISE program
November 9-12, 2016
Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students, Tampa, FLA
Booths 509 & 511
- Prospective Students: What Are We Looking For?
- Prospective Students: Why Choose Us?
- Events & Awards
- Office of Biomedical Graduate Research, Education & Training (BGREAT)
- Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Program (LSSURP)