Weekly Conference Schedules
All GI fellows are required to attend the following weekly conferences:
- Journal Club and Pathology Conference at Regions Hospital (Wednesdays, 7:30 – 8:30 AM). Click here to see the schedule. You can view the presentations on MyU.
- GI Citywide Conference at the VA Medical Center (Thursdays, 3:30 – 5:30 PM). GI fellows present cases during the first hour. Special topics by faculty and invited speakers are presented during the second hour. Click here to view presentations on MyU.
The following focused conferences are held at the University, and GI fellows rotating here for clinics or research are encouraged to attend as many as possible.
Liver Tumor Conference:
- Every Friday, 12-1 PM, VFW 372
Pancreaticobiliary Tumor Conference:
- Alternating Mondays, 12-1 PM, Mayo Bldg., Room B-216, Mayo Bldg. (Radiology Department)
Transplant Selection Conference:
- Tuesday's 3:00 - 4:00 PM | 11-157 PWB
This is a multi-disciplinary conference, wherein liver transplant surgeons, hepatologists, transplant coordinators and social workers discuss cases to be listed for transplant (inpatient and outpatient) on both adult and pediatric liver transplant services.
Colorectal Tumor Conference:
- Alternating Mondays, 12-1 PM, Mayo Bldg., Room B-216 Mayo Bldg. (Radiology Department)
Chronic Pancreatitis, Total Pancreatectomy Islet Autotransplant Working Group: