|MyU | One Stop | Directories | Search U of M|
Stephen Kaufman, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of Cornea and Refractive Surgery
Elias Potter Lyon Chair for Research in Ophthalmology
Clinic Appt: (612) 625-4400
Office: (612) 626-1442
Fax: (612) 626-3119
University of Minnesota
Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Neurosciences
420 Delaware St. SE, MMC 493
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0501
For Clinic, Appointment, and Referral information visit University of Minnesota Physicians
Dr. Kaufman sees patients with corneal and refractive disorders. He performs ocular surgery with emphasis on Anterior Segment, Corneal & Refractive surgery applying the latest technology and techniques to treat his patients. Dr. Kaufman is the Director of the Cornea and Refractive Surgery Service and has performed more than 15,000 refractive procedures during his career.
Education and Training
Graduate School: Louisiana State University Medical Center
Honors and Awards
57. Montibello SE, Guelfand LI, Machaín MG, Carrión NA, Ferreira MD, Pidone JC, Ceregido ME, Kaufman SC, Soloaga RN. [Optimization of screening methodologies for the detection of Streptococcus agalactiae in pregnant women]. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2011 Jan-Mar;43(1):4-8.
56. Reinhart WJ, Musch DC, Jacobs DS, Lee WB, Kaufman SC, Shtein RM. Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty as an alternative to penetrating keratoplasty a report by the american academy of ophthalmology. Ophthalmology. 2011 Jan;118(1):209-18.
55. Arthur SN, Wright MM, Kramarevsky N, Kaufman SC, Grajewski AL. Uveitis-glaucoma-hyphema syndrome and corneal decompensation in association with
cosmetic iris implants. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009 Nov;148(5):790-3.
54. Lee WB, Jacobs DS, Musch DC, Kaufman SC, Reinhart WJ, Shtein RM. Descemet's stripping endothelial keratoplasty: safety and outcomes: a report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Ophthalmology. 2009 Sep;116(9):1818-30.
53. Phillips PM, Terry MA, Kaufman SC, Chen ES. Epithelial downgrowth after Descemet-stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty. J Cataract Refract Surg.
52. Dhaliwal JS, Kaufman SC. Corneal collagen cross-linking: a confocal, electron, and light microscopy study of eye bank corneas. Cornea. 2009 Jan;28(1):62-7.
51. Van Meter WS, Musch DC, Jacobs DS, Kaufman SC, Reinhart WJ, Udell IJ; American Academy of Ophthalmology. Safety of overnight orthokeratology for myopia: a report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Ophthalmology. 2008 Dec;115(12):2301-2313.e1.
50. Dhaliwal JS, Mason BF, Kaufman SC. Long-term use of topical tacrolimus (FK506) in high-risk penetrating keratoplasty. Cornea. 2008 May;27(4):488-93.
49. Kaufman SC. Use of photorefractive keratectomy in a patient with a corneal scar secondary to herpes zoster ophthalmicus. Ophthalmology. 2008 Feb;115(2
48. Kaufman SC. Anterior segment complications of herpes zoster ophthalmicus. Ophthalmology. 2008 Feb;115(2 Suppl):S24-32
3. Kaufman SC, Dhaliwal JS., Chiou AGY. Chapter 8, Corneal Endothelial Transplant, John T. (ed). Jaypee Medical Publishers, New Dehli, India, 2009
4. Kaufman SC. Chapter 36, Curbside Consultaion in Cornea and External Disease, Price F. (ed). Slack Inc, Thorofare, NJ, USA, 2010
5. Kaufman SC, Fung M, Raja D, Kramarevsky. Imaging of the Cornea (Chapter), Encyclopedia of the Eye. Dartt DA, Besharse JC, Dana R. (ed.s) Elsevier, Ltd. London, England, 2010, Vol. 2, pp 263-269.
6. Kaufman SC, Almond C, Dastrup BT, 5-FU and Mitomycin-C: Adjuncts to Pterygium Surgery (Ch 5): Pterygium, Hovanesian JA (ed). Slack Inc. Thorofare, NJ. 2012
150. Kaufman SC. The Use of Fibrin Tissue Adhesives in Pterygium Surgery. ASCRS Annual Meeting. Boston, MA. April 2010
151. Kaufman, SC. Confocal Microscopy in the Clinic. SUNY Downstate Dept of Ophthal. Grand Rounds. Brooklyn, NY. July 2010
152. Kaufman SC. Refractive Surgery Complications: How to Treat Them and How to Avoid Them. SUNY Downstate Dept of Ophthal. Grand Rounds. Brooklyn, NY. July 2010
153. Kaufman SC. The Use of Tissue Adhesives in Anterior Segment Surgery. “Best Paper” Review. American Academy of Ophthalmology. Chicago, IL October 2010
154. Kaufman SC. OCT and Confocal Microscopy in Anterior Segment Imaging. American Academy of Ophthalmology. Chicago, IL October 2010
155. Kaufman SC. The Use of Fibrin Tissue Adhesive in Lamellar Surgery. American Academy of Ophthalmology. Chicago, IL October 2010
156. Kaufman SC, Yuan C. Cryopreservation of Corneal Stem Cells. Cornea Society. Chicago, IL October 2010
157. Kaufman SC, Yuan C. Cryopreservation of Corneal Stem Cells. ASCRS Best Cornea Papers Session, San Diego, CA. March 2011
158. Kaufman SC, Yuan C. Cryopreservation of Corneal Stem Cells. ARVO, Ft Lauderdale Fl. May 2011
159. Kaufman SC. The Iris Mass: When to Worry & How to Treat. University of Minnesota Anterior Segment Regional Symposium. September 2011
160. Kaufman SC. Dry Eye Diagnosis by MMP-9. Cornea Day, ASCRS, Chicago, Il. April 2012
161. Kaufman SC. The Pharmacologic Treatment of Presbyopia, Innovators’ Lecture, ASCRS, Chicago, Il. April 2012
162. Kaufman, SC. Case Presentations: HVZ Uveitis and Cogan’s Syndrome. Harris Lecture / Symposium. University of Minnesota. November 2012
|©2007-2010 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.||Contact U of M | Privacy|
|The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.||Last modified on July 6, 2009|