Mood Disorders Research
Adolescent Bipolar Disorder Study
Parents and adolescents with bipolar disorder diagnosis: Adolescent research participants with a bipolar disorders diagnosis (e.g., bipolar I, bipolar II, bipolar NOS, or cyclothymia diagnoses) needed to participate in a study on neurobehavioral development in Department of Psychology at University of Minnesota. The study involves behavioral testing, MRI scan, EEG, and questionnaires assessment. Must be age 13 to 18, right handed, native English speaker, and have a diagnosis of a bipolar disorder. Participants will be reimbursed for participation through cash payment.
For additional information please call (612) 624-4054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adolescent Depression Study
U of M Medical School Department of Psychiatry
If you think you have depression or anxiety and are 12 to 18 years of age, you may be eligible to participate. The study includes a clinical interview, questionnaires, and physiological measurements. May include an MRI. Feedback & payment provided.
For more information, please call 612-273-9924.
ADOLESCENT DEPRESSION TREATMENT STUDY
The University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry is seeking depressed adolescents age 12-17 to participate in a research study designed to improve mental health services.
Components of the Study:
- Monthly evaluations of the adolescent’s symptoms and functioning
- 12-16 sessions of interpersonal psychotherapy delivered over 4 months: treatment focuses on reducing depressive symptoms by improving the quality of the adolescent’s relationships and interpersonal interactions. Adolescents learn and practice communication skills and interpersonal problem solving skills.
- Antidepressant medication (Prozac/fluoxetine) may be prescribed if your adolescent’s depression does not improve with psychotherapy
- Adolescents will also be invited to participate in a comprehensive neurobiological assessment for which they would receive compensation
For more information, please call Ana at 612-273-9845.
Anxiety Disorder Research
We are recruiting adolescents with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and healthy teens who are 12-18 years old to participate in a study related to brain imaging. Participants will be compensated.
Please contact Dr. Gail Bernstein at 612-273-9711 or her research assistants at 612-273-9743.
Bipolar I Study
- Do you have Bipolar I Disorder?
- Do you experience episodes of mania and depression?
The University of Minnesota and Mayo Medical Center are seeking participants with Bipolar I Disorder for a biobank research study. Compensation will be provided for completion of the study. Individuals ages 18-80 who are interested in learning more about this research opportunity and determining eligibility should email: BipolarBiobank@umn.edu or call: (612) 625-1542 (all calls are confidential).
Bipolar Disorder Treatment Study
Individuals 18 and older with Bipolar Disorder are needed for a treatment study. Compensation will be provided. For more information about this University of Minnesota study, please call: 612-625-1542, or email: BPDep@umn.edu