This year, we have adopted the term ‘On-boarding’ (from your future clerkships) as the title for a 3-part series of programs designed to get you prepared for the start of Fall term.
On-boarding includes the following:
August 13-17 (Optional) This 3-day, on-campus experience features opportunities to learn more about the people, places and things to help ease early transition challenges. Participants get to begin meeting peers, MS2 peer mentors and faculty, as well as to pick up some valuable academic tools and resources to start things off on the right foot.
August 20-24 (Required – no registration needed) Sessions throughout Orientation Week will focus on academic success, social integration, faculty advising, professionalism, and everything else you need to know prior to your first day of classes.
We have a prepared a mobile app to guide you through the Orientation schedule and sessions. This will be your resource for navigating August 20-24.
Instructions to download the mobile application (skip to #5 if you already have the U Minnesota mobile app):
- Go to this link - Click Here!
- Enter your phone number and you will receive a text message with a link included.
- Go to the link and click on "Download from the App Store" if you have an iPhone or "Get it on Google Play" if you have an Android.
- You will be redirected to your phones app store to download the "U Minnesota Guide Book". Download the app.
- Once the app is downloaded, enter med2022 into the Guide Search Box to download the guide to our program.
You now have access to the schedule from the menu option in the top left corner (three horizontal lines).
Please note that there is a one hour start time change from the initial email about the first day of Orientation. All times in the mobile app are correct.
If you have any additional questions concerning Orientation, please contact Rachel Rudeen, Events Coordinator.