The Duluth campus opened for medical students in 1972.
- Almost half (48%) of all Duluth alumni have selected Family Medicine as a specialty
- Over 40% of our alumni practice in communities with populations under 25,000
- We've graduated the second largest number of American Indian physicians in the nation
- Over 60% of our alumni practice medicine in Minnesota
- Over 65% of our alumni deliver primary care.
Our original legislatively-set mission—to train excellent physicians to practice Family Medicine in rural and Native American communities—remains our goal. The Duluth campus is world renowned for its success in accomplishing this mission.