The University of Minnesota Medical School has a network of more than 17,000 accomplished alumni. Our graduates play an important role in improving the medical profession, changing public policy and advancing health care.
October 11-14, 2017 | McNamara Alumni Center
Welcoming all alumni, and celebrating the reunions of the classes of 2012, 2007, 2002, 1997, 1992, 1987, 1977, 1967, 1962, and 1957. Save the date to reunite with friends, learn about the latest in medical education, honor the 2017 alumni award recipients, and toast your classmates at your reunion reception or dinner.
Graduates from the University of Minnesota Medical School influence the health care field positively impacting our state and beyond. We take great pride in your success and want to hear from you! Please update your contact information, and share your professional and personal accomplishments.
Give to the Medical School
Medical discoveries transform lives and create a healthier future but we can't do it without your philanthropic support! In 2016, your generosity led to $65.5 million in student support, 248 new scholarships and fellowships and 36 new endowed chairs and professorships.
Vision 2017 will serve as a springboard, launching far-reaching initiatives to:
- ensure healthy aging
- solve addiction
- eliminate health disparities
- halt global infectious disease
- expand access to clinical research
- Ongoing support from donors like you enables the Medical School to discover and deliver new treatments and cures, prepare health leaders of the future, and transform health care delivery and quality. Explore fundraising opportunities for medicine and health.
Medical Alumni Society
The Medical Alumni Society (MAS) is a volunteer organization that meets several times a year and works to ensure Medical School graduates continue to play an integral role in the success of the Medical School post-graduation.
- Martin J. Stillman, M.D., ’97, J.D., president
- Margit Bretzke, M.D., '79
- Raymond Christensen, M.D.
- Patricia Dickmann, M.D., ‘10
- Dimitri Drekonja, M.D., ‘02
- James Hart, M.D., ’75
- June LaValleur, M.D., ‘87
- Gene Ollila, M.D., ’70
- Daniel Sherry, M.D., ’73
The University of Minnesota is recognizing Dr. Adams 80-year history, awarding him the highest alumni honor, the Board of Regents Outstanding Achievement Award.
Host a Medical Student
Interviewing for your residency can be a nerve-racking process. We are seeking alumni who live outside of Minnesota to host medical students as they travel for residency interviews. Besides offering a friendly face and camaraderie, hosts help ease the financial burden of travel for students.