Office of Biomedical Graduate Research, Education & Training (BGREAT)
The BGREAT office serves as a resource for students seeking to enter doctoral training in the basic sciences. We encourage students at all stages in their undergraduate training to contact the program director, Jon Gottesman, to ask questions and receive mentoring on becoming a graduate student and careers in science.
We coordinate and host recruiting and retention activities for graduate students in seven Ph.D. programs:
- Biochemistry, Molecular Biology & Biophysics
- Integrative Biology & Physiology
- Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology & Genetics
- Microbiology, Immunology and Cancer Biology
- Rehabilitation Science
We also conduct outreach to students considering graduate training via visits to campus and national undergraduate research conferences. If you're going to be in the Twin Cities area, please contact us to schedule a meeting and tour of your programs of interest.
The BGREAT office is located within and is supported by the Medical School.
Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
742 Mayo Building
Mail Code 8293A
420 Delaware Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Associate Dean for Graduate Education, Medical School
Jon Gottesman, PhD
BGREAT Office Director
Adminstrative Director, LSSURP
BGREAT Program Associate
Program Coordinator, Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
- Prospective Students: What Are We Looking For?
- Prospective Students: Why Choose Us?
- Events & Awards
- Biomedical Sciences Student Resources
- Office of Biomedical Graduate Research, Education & Training (BGREAT)
- Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Program (LSSURP)