Events & Awards
Check out upcoming events for prospective and current graduate students.
Graduate Student Research Recognition Day
Save the date! The ninth-annual Biomedical Sciences Programs Research Recognition Day takes place Thursday, May 25, 2017, in Coffman Union Great Hall .
All faculty, students, postdocs and staff from the biomedical sciences graduate programs are cordially invited. Registration is free, but required.
- Keynote Speaker: Eugene Koonin, PhD, Ph.D., Senior Investigator and the leader of the Evolutionary Genomics Group in the Computational Biology Branch of the National Center for Biotechnology Information
Title, "Coevolution of the virus world and antivirus defense: brave new world of metagenomics"
- Presentations by the 2017 Milne-Brandenburg Award winners.
- Graduate Student Posters
- CV & Resume review by faculty and industry representatives
- 3-Minute Thesis Competition (1st and 2nd place prizes and the People's Choice Award
Special thanks to our 2017 Graduate Student Planning Committee: Ajeetha Joseph Rajan, BMBB; Amber Lockridge, IBP ; Sarah Namugenyi, MICaB; Anna Ingebretson, NSCI ; Catherine Lee, MCDB&G; Lisa Chesner, PHCL
Program Day Agenda
9:00 Welcome:Dr. Yoji Shimizu, Professor of LaMP,
Assistant Dean for Graduate Education,
9:05 – 9:20 Milne Brandenburg Award Winner Talk:
Tijana Martinov, MICaB
9:20 – 9:35 Milne Brandenburg Award Winner Talk:
Gabriel Starrett, MICaB
9:35 - 9:50 Milne Brandenburg Award Winner Talk:
Martha Streng, NSCI
9:50 – 11:00 Poster Session & CV/Resume Feedback
11:00 – 12:00 3 Minute Thesis Talk (3MT) Competition
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch: Holy Land Catering
1:00 – 1:15 3MT Competition Winners Announced
1:15 – 2:15 Keynote Address: Dr. Eugene Koonin:
“Coevolution of the virus world and antivirus defense: brave new world of metagenomics"
Meet & greet!
Visit our booth at these upcoming conferences or come meet us at these campus visits in 2017:
July 18, 2017
NIH Graduate and Professional School Fair
NIH Campus, Natcher Center, Bethesda, MD. Open and free to all students.
- Prospective Students: What Are We Looking For?
- Prospective Students: Why Choose Us?
- Events & Awards
- Biomedical Sciences Student Resources
- Office of Biomedical Graduate Research, Education & Training (BGREAT)
- Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Program (LSSURP)