This year marks the 30th year of the Medical Scientist Training Program (MD/PhD). To commemorate this occasion, the University of Minnesota Medical School invites MSTP alumni back to campus for a celebration event with faculty, fellow alumni and students on September 13, 2018.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 4:00 p.m. Gather and mingle
- 4:15 p.m. Welcome from the Director - Yoji Shimizu, PhD
- 4:25 p.m. History of the Program - Tucker LeBien, PhD
- 4:40 p.m. Joan Beckman MD/PhD, class of 2012
- 5:00 p.m. 3 Minute Thesis Talk - Lee Meier, G4
- 5:10 p.m. 3 Minute Thesis Talk - Amritha Yellamilli, M3
- 5:15-6:30 p.m. Social Hour with guests
More details will be sent via email in the coming months. Not sure if we have your email? Update your contact information at http://z.umn.edu/medalumupdate.
Parking is available on campus in the Washington Ave. ramp next to The Graduate Hotel. Rates are between $4.00-$12.00.
We would also like to invite you to make a financial contribution to the Martin Dworkin Legacy Fund. Dr. Dworkin was the first Program Director and served in a primary leadership role for most of of the program's history. His influence played an invaluable role in establishing and shaping the program into what it is today. This fund provides the Medical Scientist Training Program (MD/PhD) with the funds necessary for program development and to support our students through the course of their training. Visit http://z.umn.edu/dworkinfund to donate or donate here.