Because of the intensity of the medical school curriculum, students are encouraged to seriously evaluate the demands on their time before requesting to enroll in additional courses outside of the medical school.
Tuition reimbursement for non-medical school enrollment is limited to the availability of funds each semester, and funds will be distributed in the order of requests received and approved. Approval for course registration will be based on the following criteria:
- The course relates to medical education, with priority approval given to courses that directly relate to patients and patient care
- The student is in good academic standing
- The course is taken for credit and with normal tuition charges applied (program fees for non-credit courses or workshops are not eligible for reimbursement)
- The student has not requested and been registered for another non-medical school course within the last year
- Complete the Request for Non-Medical School Coursework and Tuition Reimbursement form and submit it to Jennifer Neufeld, email@example.com for registration approval.
- Wait for confirmation of availability of funds for reimbursement from Kristin Basballe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for the course as a non-degree/guest student via onestop.umn.edu.