This is the second workshop on NeuroStastics, on the frontier of collaborative research on the use of statistics and data science methods towards understanding neuroscience data and scientific objectives, and on the challenges and scope of this inter-disciplinary reserach. This workshop is a day-long program, consisting of several public talks from experts working on this interface. Current challenges and promising pathways of research will be discussed.
- Dr. Adam Ferguson, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco
- Dr. Sisi Ma, Institute of Health Informatics, University of Minnesota
- Dr. Silvia Mangia, Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, University of Minnesota
- Dr. Ashley Petersen, Division of Biostatistics, University of Minnesota
- Dr. Nathaniel Helwig, Department of Psychology and School of Statistics, University of Minnesota
- Dr. Paul Schrater, Department of Psychology and Department of Computer science and Engineering, University of Minnesota
Where: Nolte 140 - 315 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
When: Thursday, September 24th
You may also like:
Here, we define the role of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF), a peripheral cytokine, in regulating motivation and reward learning via direct actions on select projections into the nucleus accumbens (NAc).
Dr. Mustafa al'Absi is launching a study to seek to discover, in part, what effect marijuana use has on individuals trying to quit tobacco cigarette smoking.
Nathan Ratner, a third-year medical student at the University of Minnesota and third-place finisher in last year's Elsevier Hackathon in Finland, talks about the promise of mobile health technology.