Application deadline is February 1, 2019 (Application will be available November 2018)
- Read application instructions. Review programs to apply for here.
- Register for LSSURP Application. Once registered, proceed to Step 4 to login (Do not use this same link).
- Give letter of recommendation instructions to two (2) faculty members. When you submit your completed application, an email will be sent to your faculty recommenders email (that you provided in the application) requesting a letter from them on your behalf. We strongly urge you to speak to them before completing your application and they receive this email from the LSSURP.
- Complete online application. You will not have access to your application once submitted, if you login again, you will only see a blank application.
- If your institution only allows electronic unofficial transcripts please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise upload a PDF of your unofficial transcript while completing the online application.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the US or its possessions.
- Currently attending an accredited 2- or 4-year institution on a full-time basis.
- Interested in the life sciences.
- You must be able to commit full time to our program. All students are required to attend every day of the program and to work for a full day. You will not be allowed to take time off during the work week for family vacations, college visits, classes, a part-time job, or other appointments.
February 1: FINAL DEADLINE for all application materials
February 15 – April 15: Notification of all applicants in one of the following categories:
- The applicant has been accepted.
- The applicant is an alternate for a position.
- The applicant will not be considered for a position for summer 2019.
May 15: Final decisions sent to all remaining alternates.
- Prospective Students: What Are We Looking For?
- Prospective Students: Why Choose Us?
- Events & Awards
- Biomedical Sciences Student Resources
- Office of Biomedical Graduate Research, Education & Training (BGREAT)
- Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Program (LSSURP)