Applicants must apply through ERAS. A complete application via ERAS must include:
- Three letters of recommendations, including 1 from radiology residency Program Director
- Competency-based milestone report for radiology residency
- ESIR applicants must upload a letter from their PD verifying acceptance into ESIR and block diagrams for all 4 years of DR residency
- Dean's letter (MSPE)
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Official medical school transcript(s)
- All USMLE and/or COMLEX scores
The application deadline is December 15, 2018.
Documents should be e-mailed to Program Administrator Shari Johnston, email@example.com at time of application.
ESIR applicants must upload a letter from their PD verifying acceptance into ESIR and block diagrams for all 4 years of DR residency.
To be eligible for appointment, the candidate must be:
- A diagnostic radiology resident in good standing at an ACGME-approved program.
- Applicants must have passed the ABR core exam prior to entering the Independent IR Residency program
- Applicants from non-US radiology training programs must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Our Independent Interventional Radiology (IR) Residency Program is ACGME-accredited.
We are participating in the upcoming Independent IR Residency match for 2020-2021. We will be accepting applications for ESIR pathway radiology residents for a 1-year position, and non-ESIR radiology residents for a 2-year position.
Diagnostic radiology residents will match into Independent IR Residency positions at the end of their R3 (PGY-4) year and will begin their Independent IR Residency training in July of the following year, that is after the completion of their R4 (PGY-5) year.
Diagnostic radiology residents who are on the ESIR pathway and have completed the first year of IR training at their home institution (in their R4 year) can place directly into the second year of the Independent Residency.
Graduates of the Independent IR Residency qualify to take the IR/DR examination offered by the American Board of Radiology (ABR). The IR/DR certificate recognizes competency in both diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology.
Health and Dental Insurance—Resident shares costs
- Life Insurance - $50,000 term policy
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Paid Vacation - 4 weeks annually
- Paid Sick Leave - 2 weeks annually
- Paid Maternity and/or Paternity Leave
- PGY1: Core Radiology Textbook
- PGY2-4: Educational allowance of $2,500 for residents in good standing
- PGY2-4: Access to online textbooks, reviews, STATdx and RADPrimer
- PGY5: Access to online textbooks, reviews, STATdx