Dr. Marvin and Hadassah Bacaner Research Awards
The Dr. Marvin and Hadassah Bacaner Research Awards in the basic medical sciences recognize creative research. The $1,000 award is offered annually to graduate students in the basic science fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, and biophysics; genetics, cell biology, and development; microbiology, immunology, and cancer biology (MICaB); pharmacology; and integrative biology & physiology. An award is also offered annually in cardiology.
The Dr. Marvin and Hadassah Bacaner Research Awards program encourages intellectual achievement by graduate students and is underwritten by a gift to the Foundation in memory of Jacob and Minnie Bacaner.
- Those who will complete all requirements for the Ph.D. degree no later than December 31 of the calendar year.
- Those selected for the award by their department or program faculty on the basis of research conducted for the Ph.D. degree.
Nominations should be made by the student’s graduate advisor using the nomination form. Contact the department representative below to determine the number of copies of nomination materials needed and for other information.
Submit proposals to:
- Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics: Sarah Dittrich
- Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development: Sue Knoblauch
- Integrative Biology and Physiology: Randi Lundell
- Microbiology, Immunology, and Cancer Biology Program: Megan Ruf
- Pharmacology: Jim Shoemaker
- Cardiology: Dr. Daniel Garry
- Facts & Figures
- Office of the Dean
- Duluth Campus
- Twin Cities Campus
- Centers & Institutes
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Honors & Awards
- Giving to the Medical School