News & Events
Minnesota Neuromodulation Symposium
The 5th Annual Minnesota Neuromodulation Symposium (MNS) will be held on April 13th and 14th, 2017 at the Commons Hotel.
Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend this two-day event to discuss recent research and clinical developments in the field of neuromodulation. Registration for this exciting event is now open and is free to all University of Minnesota students, faculty and staff. Space is limited. Registration and other information.
Institute for Translational Neuroscience Conference
This conference takes place the second Tuesday of each month.
Wallin Medical Bioscience Building
2101 6th Street S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
April 11th - Dr. Pedro Fernandez-Funez
May 9th - Dr. William Engeland
June-August - Summer Break
If you would like to be included in our monthly research conference email reminders please send your request to Ciara Kohlhagen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recap: 2017 ITN Research Retreat
This retreat took place January 17, 2017, at Coffman Memorial Union and the University of Minnesota Campus Club.
Presentations featured representatives from diverse research areas: Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Department of Neurology, Department of Neuroscience, and a guest speaker from Stanford University. A poster session was held at the end of the program that featured the recent work of ITN students, post-doctoral associates and faculty.
Poster Presenters and Contributors:
- Alfonso Araque Lab - Justin Lines
- Karen Ashe Lab - Julia Gamache
- Marija Cvetanovic Lab - Wenhui Qu and Melissa Asher
- Carrie Haskell-Luevano Lab - Mark Ericson, Cody Lensing, Skye Doering, and Katherine Schlasner
- Bin He Lab - Bradley Edelman and Michelle Case
- Matt Johnson Lab - Julia Slopsema
- Christophe Lenglet Lab - Christophe Lenglet, Pramod Pisharady, and Hamza Farooq
- Dezhi Liao Lab - Nick Braun and Peter Teravskis
- Hubert Lim Lab - Cory Gloeckner, Kelvin Lim, and Mark Hamilton
- Wensheng Lin Lab - Sarrabeth Stone
- Colum MacKinnon Lab - Matt Petrucci and Remi Patriat
- Mark Thomas Lab - Brian Sweis, Manuel Esguerra, and Erin Larson
- Michael Walters Lab - Kathryn Nelson and Michael Walters