Organizationally, the Institute for Translational Neuroscience is led by its director and steering committee with the director reporting to the vice president for health sciences and dean of the Medical School. The steering committee was formed with the intention to bring together the neuroscience leaders from different departments and the founding centers at the University of Minnesota. These members are leaders in their fields of interest and pioneers in break through neuro-related research.
The steering committee was charged to connect basic neuroscientific discovery to improving clinical care and new treatments and therapies. The steering committee members and the centers represent the breadth of strength and opportunity in the translational neurosciences across the University.
The director and steering committee was also given the following responsibilities:
- Develop goals for, prioritize the activities of, and develop a work plan to achieve the goals for the institute.
- Work with the director, as chair of the steering committee, to develop a compact and work plan to achieve the goals, and a budget that supports the efforts. This compact, work plan and budget need to be developed and approved by the AVPCS, with the oversight of the SVPHS. The Director will have final decision authority for the approved program and budget, and accountability for their implementation.
- Coordinate activities among the ITN centers and the neurosciences community; support communications and facilitate connections among the centers.
- Develop mechanisms (incentives, etc) for ensuring connectivity and communication along the basic/translational/clinical research spectrum.
- Develop and implement a process for annual review and performance reporting for the institute.
Administrative and Development
Executive Assistant, Institute for Translational Neuroscience
612-624-4951 | email@example.com
Development Officer, Neurosciences, University of Minnesota Foundation - Medicine & Health
612-624-8650 | firstname.lastname@example.org
612-625-6966 | email@example.com