The Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS), Twin Cities chapter, directly serves minority students through mentorship, education, and guidance. Group members explore opportunities within the health profession through informational programs, networking, and volunteering.
MAPS organizes several workshops throughout the year, including the Mock Trial, which gives pre-med students a preview of the admissions interview. Membership is open to all undergraduate and pre-medical students for a one-time fee of $20.
All members receive:
- Information on a variety of resources and opportunities
- A chance to connect with medical professionals and fellow students
- Delegations to regional and national conferences, along with other leadership opportunities
- Access to a members-only library of MCAT and medical school-related books
- Voting privileges for MAPS’ new board
This pipeline program is sponsored by Student National Medical Association.