Funding Your Education
Financial aid is awarded to help you meet educational expenses and may consist of loans, scholarships, or work-study. Assistance is based on your financial need, your enrollment status, and the amount of aid available.
- To apply and determine the amount of aid you are able to receive, submit an online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- There are 4 different types of loans available to Medical School students.
Our Medical School Financial Aid Office is available to assist you with the financing of your medical education. Learn more about the various assistance programs listed below.
Scholarships and grants
Our scholarships and grants fall into 4 categories:
- Non-resident tuition scholarships
- University grants
- University of Minnesota Foundation scholarships
- Medical School scholarships
Work-related financial aid opportunities
- College work-study
- Graduate assistantships
- University of Minnesota Foundation Research Grants
Service-commitment scholarship programs
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program
- Indian Health Service (IHS) Scholarships for Native Americans
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program
Now that you’ve got the background information you need, let us help you through the financial aid application process.