Application and Reports
Application and due dates:
The online application will not allow you to save your progress as you complete the application, please use this sample application to gather your information so it is easier for you to enter it all at once into the final application
- Requests will NOT be considered by the Flexible MD Oversight Committee until receipt of a FULLY COMPLETED application (including all required statements attached to the application, see two bullet points below)
- Students participating in a RESEARCH experience are REQUIRED to attach a letter to their application from their research preceptor or mentor acknowledging that they approve of you participating in this research experience and that they have reviewed your goals and are prepared to guide you and help you achieve those goals (see application for full instructions and place to attach the letter)
- ALL applicants are REQUIRED to attach a letter / statement to their application from their Faculty Advisor (all students years 1-4 on TC campus must receive statement from their TC advisor, all year 1 and 2 students currently on DU campus must receive statement from their DU advisor) stating that they have reviewed your proposed experience and goals with you and that they approve and support you pursuing this experience (see application for full instructions and place to attach the letter / statement)
- After submitting application, ALL applicants are REQUIRED to meet with the TC campus Director of Financial Aid Kristen Basballe, Clinical Program Manager Abbe Holmgren, and Academic Advisor Addy Irvine. Applications will not be reviewed by the Flex MD Oversight Committee until after you have met with these individuals.
Once app is submitted students will be provided a link to set-up this meeting. It is only one meeting, you will sit with all three at once.
At each meeting, the Flexible MD Overview Committee will review applications/proposals for experiences that begin during the next upcoming semester.
|For Experiences starting:||Submit Application for:|
Senior year: Spring semester**
|Spring semester||October meeting*|
|Summer semester||March meeting*|
*For exact meeting dates, contact Scott Davenport, email@example.com.
** Applications from fourth year students will not be accepted after the June Committee meeting of their fourth year. Applications will not be accepted from senior students after residency match.
Reports and re-entry plan:
- Progress Report - Submitted every three months during the experience.
- Re-Entry Plan - Due one month after return.
- Final Report - Due eight weeks prior to returning to the regular curriculum.
Submit by email or U.S. Mail to:
University of Minnesota Medical School
Office of Student Affairs
420 Delaware Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455